I haven’t done on a post on weekly grocery deals in awhile, so here are some noteworthy deals…
- Flamingo brand breaded chicken products – $4.98 (half price!)
- Primo canned veggies (including tomatoes)-$1 – this is a product I don’t usually buy as we usually buy our vegetables fresh or frozen but I have been finding that canned tomatoes are in a lot of soup recipes, and since it’s getting close to Fall, I figured why not.
- Flamingo brand chicken tournedos- $7 for 6 portions
- Watermelon – $2.66 – this is an item that I won’t buy as I’m not a big fan, but the price is good- apparently they are 11 lb on average at Walmart
- Sausages – 1.77/lb – this. sale. is. incredible. If you eat sausages that is!! It comes out to under $5 for 10 sausages I think-they are not huge but they are tasty!!
- Blueberries, strawberries, cauliflower – 3/$5
- Christie crackers and granola bars – 1.67 – Now would be a good time to stock up for back-to-school (and back-to-work) if you’ve been off or away for the summer!!
Now, just thought I’d share a few things I have been making lately at our house. I recognize some of the pictures are more appetizing than others, however it gives you somewhat of a visual.
Basically, typical peanut butter cookies with vanilla pudding mix added in to make them softer. You can choose your add-ins; I chose Reese’s Pieces, chocolate chips, and Reese’s peanut butter chips.
Here’s a link for the recipe:Reese’s Peanut Butter Pudding Cookies
…But, it’s really good! I amended a recipe I found online for chia pudding. Chia pudding is made with chia seeds, almond milk, and a little vanilla, usually. This chia pudding has 1/4 c. chia seeds, 1 c. almond milk, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, and a splash of vanilla ( I use imitation because I’m cheap!). You can stir it all together or use a blender to make it smoother. Usually if you let it sit in a bowl for 20 minutes or so, the pudding will firm up and you can eat it. Chia seeds are an excellent source of fiber, amongst other things so they are a good thing to eat. Link here
It is DQ Miracle Treat Day! For every blizzard bought, 100% of net proceeds go to a Children’s Miracle Network Hospital. Great excuse to get a blizzard!!