Once back-to-school starts up, I find myself baking more often. I like having some sort of “treat” on my lunch and I think that a muffin or healthy cookie is a healthy alternative to store-bought treats.
Today, I made two treats for the week; one, a new recipe and the other, a recipe I had made once before.
I have decided to share the new recipe with you, because, who doesn’t have overripe bananas on hand at all times?!
Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/3 c butter, softened
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c mashed ripe banana
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 c flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp baking soda
1 c semisweet chocolate chips
Mix wet ingredients and dry ingredients separately. Gradually add dry to wet and stir in chocolate chips. Bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes or edges are lightly browned.
The review – So far, so good. These cookies are incredible straight from the oven. They kind of remind me of muffin tops! I think that they will taste best within a day or so. Because they contain bananas, I don’t think they will keep as well as a normal cookie. Also-these are from the Taste of Home “Comfort Food Diet” Cookbook and said to contain 66 calories per cookie (based on making dozen per batch).
Finally, I would like to share my ‘Top 5’ Grocery Deals for the week:
- Chicken wings, Giant Tiger – $5 (regular $10.97)
- Country Harvest bread, Giant Tiger – $1.64 (regular $3.28-$3.88, normal sale 2/$5)
- Great Value eggs, Walmart – $1.99 *new everyday low price
- Keurig Donut House Coffee (40 pack), Walmart – $14.88…regular price, but still a steal as less than 40 cents per cup.
- Family Size Post Cereal, Food Basics – 2.97 (regular up to $6.97)
Hope that you have a good week!